We offer a meticulous appliance delivery – one that is professional, efficient and respects your home the way you do.
Frequently Asked Questions
We deliver across the Greater Toronto Area which includes: Ajax, Aurora, Brampton, Brock, Burlington, Caledon, Clarington, East Gwillimbury, Georginga, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Oshawa, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scugog, Toronto, Uxbridge, Vaughan, Whitby and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
We are proud to also regularly deliver to: Bancroft, Barrie, Cobourg, Collingwood, Haliburton County, Kawartha Lakes, Muskoka Lakes, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Falls, Orangeville, Peterborough, Prince Edward County, St. Catharines.
If you don’t see your city or town, please ask your Caplan’s Sales Account Manager or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional, experienced delivery team that will treat your home and belongings with care
- We will uncrate your freestanding new appliance(s), set them in place and level, if accessible.
- Built-in appliances are uncrated and placed on a protected floor in front of the millwork opening where the installation will take place by a professional installer. If you require an installer recommendation, please contact us at email@example.com
- Temporary floor protection is provided.
- Fridge door reversal is included where possible, but must be requested at time of purchase. Please note that some washer/dryer and fridge door reversals require the expertise of an appliance technician.
- Washer & dryer set-up
- Inspecting your item(s) for any possible damage during transit
- Removing old appliances
- Removing all external product packaging
We are currently delivering appliances Monday to Friday. Typically, we conduct out of town deliveries on Wednesdays. If you have a question about your delivery timing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Caplan’s Sales Account Manager is your first point of contact to book your delivery date and to re-schedule it, should that be necessary. Closer to your delivery date, you should reach out to our Customer Service team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
If you cannot accept your delivery as planned on your delivery day, this may result in a re-delivery fee of $95 (within the GTA) or more for outside this boundary.
We will be pleased to take away the old appliance(s) that are being replaced by new appliances from Caplan’s. In order for our team to remove appliances, they must be disconnected fully before our drivers arrive, and emptied. If our delivery team deems removal of old appliances to be challenging, a signed release form will be required.
We do not remove any appliances that require a professional “uninstall” such as built-in appliances (wall ovens, cooktops, built-in refrigerators, gas appliances, dishwashers and over-the-range microwaves).
On the morning of your delivery, Caplan’s Customer Service team will contact you with a delivery window of approximately 4 hours. Our delivery drivers will then call you approximately 1 hour before they are due to arrive at your home.
If you have a delivery early in the morning, our delivery driver team will call you directly.
Upon arrival at your home, our friendly and professional delivery team will treat your home and your belongings with care.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and flexibility with our 4-hour delivery window as it allows us to deal with unpredictable traffic and complicated deliveries. We understand that you may wish to narrow your delivery window. While we cannot accommodate all requests, as always, we will do what we reasonably can to help you.
Before your delivery
- Agree to a delivery date that works for your schedule and communicate with our team during our confirmation process. If you cannot accept your delivery as planned on your delivery day, this may result in a re-delivery fee of $95 (within the GTA) or more for outside this boundary.
- Update us with any changes to your contact information (e.g. cell and/or home phone number, delivery address, email address, etc.) so that we may contact you regarding your delivery timing or selected appliance(s).
- Ensure that someone who is at least 18 years old will be present at the delivery. If this is not possible, please call us to reschedule your delivery.
- Make sure your appliances will fit through doorways and stairwells. If the dimensions do not allow for the delivery of your product, a 25% restocking fee will be charged for any appliances returned.
- If you require set-up of a washer, measure the distance between your drain outlet and where the new washer will be placed to ensure that it is less than 4 ft. If distance exceeds 4 ft. and an additional drain hose is needed, you will require the assistance of a professional installer.
- If you require an elevator for your delivery, please call our Customer Service team immediately at 416-767-1655 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can note this on your delivery records.
- Ensure that there is a clear path both into and within your home. This may include clearing away snow and ice or moving furniture and toys.
- You may need to supply some items for appliance hook-up such as electrical cords, hoses and a flexible metallic duct (see WASHER and DRYER section below). Existing parts will not be re-used, as it will void the manufacturers’ warranty.
- Ensure that you have access to water shutoff’s in your home or condo for installation of washers.
During your delivery
- While we do supply temporary flooring protection from the front door to the final location of your appliances, we encourage you to also help protect your floors with old cardboard or Ram board.
- Inspect your items to ensure you have all the correct appliance(s) and accessories. Once your inspection is complete, we will ask that you sign a waiver noting the acceptable condition of your appliance.
After your delivery – this is important!
- After delivery, if you notice any concealed damage, it is very important that you contact us immediately — preferably within 48 hours. Please contact Customer Service at 416-766-1655 or email@example.com.
- We hope your delivery goes smoothly and that we lived up to our own high standards. We would appreciate your feedback and encourage you to complete the post-delivery survey that we will send you.
- The Caplan’s delivery team will happily connect your washer and/or dryer provided the request has been made at the time of purchase and the required items and conditions are in place. All electrical outlets, water shut off valves and cabinetry must be available and compliant at the time of delivery to complete the washer/dryer installation. Our delivery personnel cannot provide carpentry, plumbing, gas fitting or electrical services. For more information, see Washer/Dryer Set-Up below
- Caplan’s is unable to install built-in appliances such as wall ovens, cooktops, built in refrigerators, gas appliances, dishwasher and over the range microwaves (OTRs) because they require gas, electrical and/or plumbing. and therefore require a professional installer. If you require an installer recommendation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes! Our delivery team will be happy to connect your washer and/or dryer provided the required items and conditions are in place. Please see specifics below.
- The unit will be connected within 4 ft. of a 110V grounded 3-prong electrical outlet.
- Our team can install a Washer Drain Hose included with your new washer provided it reaches your drain outlet. Most manufacturers provide drain hoses of 3-4 ft. in length. Please measure the distance between your drain outlet and potential washer to ensure that it is less than 4 ft. If distance exceeds 4 ft. and an additional drain hose is needed, you will require the assistance of a professional installer.
- Hot and cold water valves must be within 6 ft. of new washer. You will be required to accept a release form in order for our delivery staff to hook up your washer to existing plumbing. Most front load washers come with the rubber hoses. Top loaders do not come with a manufacturer supplied rubber hose. Please confirm with your Sales Account Manager if your unit comes with hoses.
- Condominiums require hook-up with metal hoses that you will need to purchase from a hardware store prior to delivery. Metal hoses are also recommended if you are installing a washer on any floor in your home other than your basement.
- If washer/dryer are to be stacked, the proper stacking kit must be present at time of delivery.
- The unit will be connected within 4 ft. of a 240V grounded 3-prong outlet.
- If washer/dryer are to be stacked, the proper stacking kit must be present at time of delivery.
Yes! To arrange a pick-up, please speak with your Caplan’s Sales Account Manager. Once your pick up is organized, you will receive notification of your pick-up time from our Customer Service team. The day before your pick-up, you will receive an email reminder with more specific instructions to make your pick-up easy and stress-free.
Upon delivery, all appliances have at least one year manufacturers’ warranty on parts and labour. The warranty agreement is between the client and the manufacturer.
- We have many strict policies and procedures in place to ensure the health and safety of our clients as well as our delivery and warehouse team members. Here are some important highlights:
- Caplan’s staff have been directed to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are living with someone who exhibits symptoms. They are encouraged to visit an Assessment Centre and must receive clearance from the Centre or their family physician before being permitted to return to work.
- All customers are required to complete the Caplan’s COVID Safe Delivery questionnaire prior to receiving an in-home delivery. Caplan’s Appliances complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Delivery drivers have the right to refuse to complete a delivery if they feel their health or safety is at risk. If this occurs, Caplan’s will consult with the customer about alternatives.
- All customers are required to complete the Caplan’s COVID Safe Pick-up Survey prior to picking up appliances from our warehouse. Pick-ups at our warehouse at 120 Humber Blvd North are Monday to Friday, between 9am-1pm only. Our warehouse team members are not permitted to assist with any loading.
- Customers are required to commit to physical distancing throughout the delivery and pick up. The delivery driver will call you to announce when they have arrived. Upon completion of your delivery, the driver will return to their vehicle and phone you again to request that you inspect your appliances and confirm that everything is satisfactory.
- Delivery teams are trained in proper hand sanitization, wearing of surgical masks while in your home as well as contactless paperwork. Drivers are required to wipe down delivery equipment as well as high-touch points in their vehicle between each delivery
Standard Delivery Charges Within the GTA
*If rescheduling is less than 72 hours in advance
We deliver well beyond the Greater Toronto area. Please speak with your Caplan’s Sales Account Manager for delivery pricing outside of the GTA.
How to reach us:
1111 Weston Road,
Toronto, Ontario, M6N 3S3
120 Humber Blvd North
Caplan’s Appliances has been providing Greater Toronto Area residents with top brand appliances and laundry sets including KitchenAid, Bosch, GE, Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Miele for decades. But it’s our friendly and informed staff, no-pressure sales policy and competitive pricing that has helped us become the place of choice for appliances in the GTA.